Pages

Friday 2 February 2018

Embracing Motherhood

                Motherhood is a different journey. Different then any of the others anyone has ever been on. It takes so much of you but it completes you. It teaches you so many things.
                Motherhood takes strength. It takes time. It takes the whole of you. It's tough. It's all that and it's beautiful.
                  It's all of those moments when you think you're done with everything and it's all of those moments when you think it's just a beginning. It begins when you think everything is over. It begins when you think you can not do it anymore. It begins when you break down. It begins when you are at your wit's end. It begins when you are on the verge.
               It rises you up again and it makes you whole, complete. It gives you back all of your strength. I'd not have known this, if I wasn't a mother.
                If I was not a mother, I'd never have wiped a sticky smelly butt with so much love in my heart. If I was not a mother, I'd never have woken up, a hundred times a night and looked at a sleeping baby, just to make sure she's all okay and comfy in her sleep. If I was not a mother, I'd never have compromised on my hygiene and care, never slept in a puked-on PJ and letting go of oiling a my hair every once in a while.
                If I was not a mother, I'd never have slept odd hours and still be ready for the next day. If I was not a mother, I'd never have been so happy over a dirty nappy after days of little constipated tummy. If I was not a mother, I'd not ever have been so much happy that I'd burst crying with love and joy, over little steps, first words, first foods.
                If I was not a mother, I'd never have been happy over a dirty face, dirty table but a full tummy. If I was not a mother I'd never have been over joyed for a smile after a bad, cranky day. If I was not a mother, I'd never have felt the sparkle in the little eyes upon seeing me.
                If I was not a mother, I'd not have known that simple joys of life would bring immense tranquility in my heart and in my life.


Also, If I was not a mother, I could have blogged all of this last year when I actually wrote it. :)
                  

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on becoming a mother. :) Great to see you make time for writing.

    Cheers,
    CRD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's been long I heard from you! How are you and your loved ones?
      I try writing but sometimes I can't focus enough! I'll try being more regular here!

      Delete
    2. We're all good.

      I understand you might not be able to focus. When we had a kid, even I as a father could hardly make time to focus on anything else.

      Keep writing. And please do drop by mine :)

      Cheers,
      CRD

      Delete
  2. Not even being a mother could express the real enthusiasm of this relation you acquire.
    It shall be within and bury down with you, but expressing it by vocab is just injustice with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Errmmm excuse me? You're questioning my motherhood?
      Also, No amount of words can ever do justice to something as great as motherhood. I only tried to take my readers along on my journey of this beautiful relationship. If you don't like what I have written, the internet is full of other amazing things written. I don't need anyone telling me I can not 'acquire' the enthusiasm of motherhood. I know what enthusiasm I have and what I am doing for my kid. Next time if you have stupidity like this, do not waste your time typing in anything.

      Delete
  3. Apologies on the misconception i created on what i wrote here. What i actually meant was this only "No amount of words can ever do justice to something as great as motherhood".
    What directly means that you ofcousre acquire great loads of enthusiasm as a mother but words really cannot potray them easily.
    But a great piece of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA LOL thanks. She is tuning 3 in a few months now! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and appreciated! :)